Information We Collect and How We Use It
Our primary goal is to collect information in a friendly, customized, and efficient manner. We collect:
- Personal information you provide to us;
- Automatically collected anonymous data;
- Non-personally identifiable information
1. Personal Information You Provide to Us:
Timberline Flooring Houston may require customers who request access to specialized content or services, register to use our Site or mobile application, participate in discussion boards, or enter contests, to give us personal information, including demographic information and unique identifiers, in order to provide you with a more personalized experience or verify your passwords.
Personal information we collect may be used by Timberline Flooring Houston to advertise or market our business, promotions, or services, keep and maintain accounts, and keep records of transactions. For instance, if you provide us with your email address, we may send you emails, which you may unsubscribe from, informing you about Timberline Flooring Houston products, programs, offers, and services. (See the Section titled “Choice” below for more information about how to change your email preferences.)
Information You Post on our Site
Our Site and mobile application may provide you with opportunities to share information such as free-form comments or product reviews. Information you post on discussion boards on the Site or our mobile application may appear in the public domain, such as through search engines or other publicly available platforms, and may be “crawled” or searched by third parties. Do not post any information that you are not comfortable revealing to the public at large.
Sweepstakes and Contests
Disclosures and Transfers
Timberline Flooring Houston will not sell, rent, disclose, or transfer your personal information to any third party except when one of the following conditions is true:
- We have the individual’s permission to make the disclosure;
- The disclosure is required by law;
- The disclosure is reasonably related to the sale or other disposition of all or part of our business or assets;
- The party to whom the disclosure is made controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with Timberline Flooring Houston;
- The disclosure is reasonably necessary for the establishment or maintenance of legal claims;
- The disclosure is to entities who sell or market our products, provided the disclosure is consistent with the purpose for which the personal information was obtained.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by law, Timberline Flooring Houston only retains personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes Timberline Flooring Houston collected them for. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, Timberline Flooring Houston considers the amount, nature, and sensitivity of personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use of processing by other means, and any applicable legal requirements.
2. Automatically Collected Timberline Flooring Houston Data
Following standard industry practice, Timberline Flooring Houston uses pixel tags and other methods to gather information about the emails it sends to registered Site users. Pixel tags are tiny graphic files that are included in HTML-encoded email messages. When such a message is opened in an HTML-capable email program, the recipient’s computer will access our email service provider’s (“ESP”) servers to retrieve the pixel tag file, allowing the ESP to record and store information. Timberline Flooring Houston uses this information to optimize delivery of future messages to specific recipients.
We maintain log files tracking IP addresses to analyze trends, help diagnose problems with our servers, and to monitor traffic/usage in order to provide better service to our clients and Site visitors.
Timberline Flooring Houston engages with a third party, Google Analytics, to measure your use of our websites and applications so that we can make improvements, tailor the Site and online services to your likely interests, and conduct market research. The information provided to this third party does not include personal information. If you do not want your use of our Site tracked, do not use it.
We may use third-party service providers to serve advertisements on our behalf across the internet. These service providers may collect your IP address and non-personally identifiable or de-identified information about your visits to our Site in order to serve Timberline Flooring Houston ads while you are visiting other websites. Such non-personally identifiable information is anonymous or de-identified and does not reflect your name, address, email address or other personal information; however your IP address may be collected by such services. This anonymous or de-identified information is often collected through the use of a pixel tag (also known as cookies and action tags), which is industry-standard technology used by most major websites.
Third party advertising websites, such as Facebook, may use tracking pixels to track the success of the ads we run on such websites.
To learn more about these and other third party analytical tools, and how to opt out of cookies using your browser settings please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
At certain points in your visit to the Site, our server or the servers of our unaffiliated service providers (providers who help us maintain and operate the Site for other reasons related to the operation of our business) may send a “cookie” file to your computer. Your browser may prompt you to accept this file unless you have set your browser preferences to accept all cookies automatically. Cookies are employed primarily to provide you with a good experience when you browse our Site and also allows us to improve the Site. We may link cookie information with any personally-identifiable information you provide us.
- What is a cookie?
A cookie is a safe text file stored on your computer or mobile device by a website you visit. This file is used to recognize your presence and actions, so that your visit can be automatically customized to meet your needs. When you visit our Site, our server may store cookie files on your computer if you agree. Your browser may prompt you to accept these files, unless you have set your browser preferences to accept all cookies automatically.
Cookies are used primarily as a service to our customers to extend the relevance and responsiveness of the Site.
- By using cookies, we can:
- Provide you with faster and easier access to all of the content
- Track items in your shopping basket
- Track traffic patterns and visitor behaviors and preferences, so we can improve our Site
- Allow you to share web pages on social media sites
- Your consent
- Important notice about cookies
- Opt Out of Cookies
If you do not want to have cookies stored on your computer, you can opt out or disable cookies through your browser. If you disable cookies, you should know that our Site and other sites may not perform as well for you.
- Use Browser “Help” Button
To opt out of cookies, choose the “Help” button in your browser for specific instructions.
- Use AboutCookies.org
You can also visit aboutcookies.org which offers general information about cookies and information about deleting cookies on a variety of browsers.
Remember – if you opt out of cookies, you may not have access to all the features and content on our Site and other sites.
Cookies Used on this Site
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies allow you to navigate the Site and use its features such as shopping cart. It collects personal data but the data collected is only stored temporarily.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies
These cookies help us to understand how visitors use the Site so that we can improve how the Site works and modify the type of content we provide. We usually contract with independent measurement and research companies to perform these services for us. The cookies they create are called “third-party cookies”. Personal data is collected, but the information collected only identifies your computer and not you as an individual. All data collected is aggregated anonymously.
- Functionality Cookies
Functionality cookies record information about the choices you make on our Site and allow us to customize your future visits based on those choices.
Personal data is collected so we can personalize your experience on the Site and enable you to share pages on social media sites.
3. Non-personally Identifiable Information
The Site may collect non-personally identifiable information during your visit, such as type of browser, operating system, domain name, or IP address. An IP address is a number that identifies a specific computer connected to the internet. Web servers — the big computers that “serve” up web pages — automatically identify your computer by its IP address. When you visit pages on the Site our servers log your IP address. We do not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information. This means that your session will be logged, but you remain anonymous to us. IP address information is used only to improve the service of the Site, and is then discarded at the end of each session.
Timberline Flooring Houston also collects information through “referrers” and various environmental variables. A “referrer” is information that the browser passes to Timberline Flooring Houston’s web server which references the URL from where you came. “Environmental variables” include, among other things, the domain from which you access the internet, the time you accessed our Site, type of browser, operating system or platform used, the internet address of the website you left to visit Timberline Flooring Houston, the names of the pages you visit while at our Site, and the internet address of the website you then visit. We collect all of this information to allow us to detect broad demographic trends, to provide information tailored to your interests and to enhance your experience on the Site.
At times, the Site uses what are commonly referred to as “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” or “clear GIFs,” including other similar methods (collectively, “Pixel Tags”) to collect aggregated information about Site usage. Pixel Tags allow Timberline Flooring Houston to measure the number of users who have visited specific pages on our Site and help determine the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. The information collected from Pixel Tags contains no personally identifiable information and is used for statistical analysis only.
In certain situations, the use of Pixel Tags and cookies may be controlled by unaffiliated entities in order to manage programs or promotions. Where permitted by law, Timberline Flooring Houston cannot be responsible for third-party uses of Pixel Tags and cookies; however, when we are able, we will require these unaffiliated entities to not collect personally identifiable information.
To help us improve our Site and to ensure that we make every effort to provide you with information and offers that are of interest to you, we may develop a non-identifiable profile based on the pages within our site that you visit.
Links to other Websites
Notification of Changes
Special Policy Regarding Information from Children Under Sixteen
This Site is not targeted to children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly request personally identifiable information from any child under the age of 16 without parental consent. If we receive such information, we will delete it as soon as we discover it and will not use it or share it with third parties.
You have the following choices regarding the use of your information:
- You may choose not to provide us with any contact information;
- You may set your browser to reject cookies and to erase cookies that have already been placed on your hard drive;
- If you do not want your personal or non-personal information merged with cookie and other information, you should not use the Site or should adjust your browser settings appropriately;
- If you no longer wish to subscribe to Timberline Flooring Houston emails or digital promotional communications, you can opt out of receiving them by following the Unsubscribe instructions included in each newsletter or communication;
- If you would like to modify or delete information or specific details associated with your email settings, you can easily do so by following the preference center instructions included in each newsletter or communication.
- If personally identifiable information changes, you may update such information by making the change through our preference center.
We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You may have the following rights depending on the country in which you live:
- You may choose to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information;
- You may object to processing of your personal information;
- You may withdraw your consent at any time if we have collected and processed your information with your consent. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- If you have any questions or requests related to your personal information or how Timberline Flooring Houston processes them, please contact Timberline Flooring Houston at firstname.lastname@example.org. Proof of identity may be required to protect personal data against unauthorized access. Any personal data collected to respond to an inquiry or fulfill a request will be retained for 90 days after request closure and then deleted. This will allow for follow-up processing as necessary.
- If for any reason you are unsatisfied with how Timberline Flooring Houston has handled your personal data or your data request, you may contact your local Supervisory Authority (an independent public authority) to lodge a complaint.
Data Storage and Maintenance
All personal data collected is stored and maintained in the United States, unless legally required to be kept elsewhere. Personal data are always processed by Timberline Flooring Houston in a manner that best ensures their security.
Timberline Flooring Houston may share personal data with its service providers (e.g. a company that physically stores data on computer servers) to manage a business account or when otherwise permitted or required by law. Timberline Flooring Houston service providers are required by contract to adhere to the same data protection laws that Timberline Flooring Houston follows to further ensure data security.
We make every effort to have reasonable security procedures in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control. If you have any questions about the security of our Site, you can send an email to email@example.com.